- To immerse our members in all areas of the creative arts
- To encourage and inspire members to participate in a wide variety of performing arts workshops each week – from acting to puppetry and mask to street theatre, we have it covered!
- To ensure that members experience live theatre with at least one trip to a professional show each year – this could be a trip to a west end production such as The Lion King or a visit to smaller community theatre such as the renowned Battersea Arts Centre.
- To produce at least two shows per year which are performed to a large audience of family, friends and other members of The Devas Club. The shows are created together with the members of DYT and everybody is involved in all aspects of the theatre making process, from the initial ideas and script writing to the performing and back stage roles.
- To ensure that the club is fully inclusive with all members understanding that they are a crucial and valued member of the team, regardless of race, age, gender, background or ability.
Lauren’s career in arts education began 12 years ago when she was taken on as an assistant at Bigfoot Arts Education, the organisation that she remains in to this day in her role as Managing Director. Currently sitting on the Governing Board of the Jessop-Stockwell Federation in Lambeth, Lauren is passionate about education and the arts and strongly believes in the benefit of clubs such as DYT in enhancing the lives of its young participants.
Natalie has over 6 years experience delivering workshops to children aged from 5-18 years old. Natalie loves working at DYT as it is a great way to deliver a fun filled Drama club whilst exploring a range of famous Texts and Playwrights such as Shakespeare and Wind and the Willows. Natalie loves supporting Adrian, the Director, with encouraging the children at DYT to work in new skilled areas such as Mask and Puppetry.
Adrian is one of London’s most accomplished drama teachers, gaining his role as Senior Facilitator for Bigfoot Arts Education within months of having graduated from his Masters Degree at Canterbury University. Thousands of children and teachers from across the Capital have experienced his energetic and motivating teaching style and he continues to be a man very much in demand!
Shea is a professional Actor/Facilitator who has taught in many wonderful schools across London as a Bigfoot Arts Education Drama Facilitator. Shea grew up participating in every after school drama club and weekend workshop she could find, and therefore knows first-hand how meaningful and important arts education can be. Shea believes in fostering creativity, confidence, and teamwork and believes whole-heartedly in the power of the arts to transform lives. She is looking forward to starting this adventure with the DYT!